What are the strange behaviors of dogs?
Every dog has some strange behaviors that are hard to understand. Some of them are listed today. Does your dog have similar behaviors?
- Barking out the window. Dogs sometimes lie on the window and bark outside, no matter who is there or not. This may be a protective behavior of dogs. They see the house as their territory. Any animal approaching or near their territory is a potential threat, so they bark to deter intruders.
- Likes smelly things or places. As long as it is smelly and dirty, dogs will go there. At this time, I want to change a dog. It would help if you took it to take a bath first, whether you are angry or not. It is known that the behavior of dogs rolling in particularly smelly objects may stem from masking their own odor, which is useful for hunting.
- Pick a place to go to the bathroom. When bringing the dog downstairs to go to the toilet, the dog always finds the best place to go to the toilet. When it went to the toilet, it would look back at its owner, and that look is a bit intriguing. There are three possible causes, Dr. Summerfield explained. First, they will step on the grass to make it clean before pooping. Second, they scour the area for predators before defecation. The last and most interesting reason. Dr. Summerfield said: “A study found that dogs tend to orient themselves in a north-south direction when defecating, and dogs rarely stand in an east-west direction.”
- Sigh. The dog always sighs, just like a little adult. Dogs can sigh for a variety of reasons, but the main reason they sigh is to show that they are relaxed. However, frequent sighs may indicate that your pet is in pain or distress.
- Cry. The dog is making a sobbing sound. Have you ever noticed that your dog is crying sometimes? Is the dog in trouble, or do you blame it and make it sad? It’s not. It’s a dog disease called reverse sneezing. At the onset of the disease, the dog will inhale violently, and the nasal cavity will make a loud sound, like crying.
- Does the dog bow its head to admit its mistake? After the dog makes a mistake, when you scold the dog, the dog will usually bow its head and make an “I was wrong” look to express its attitude of admitting its mistake. But in fact, this is not a dog’s mistake, but a dog’s behavior to avoid punishment, it wants to let the owner not punish them through this behavior, so we should not be deceived by the dog.