The Source of Dog Body Odor – How to get rid of the odor in dogs?
Abstract: Pets live with us every day, and the smell they emit affects their owners all the time. Most owners often bathe their dogs with fragrant shampoo to remove the odor from their dogs, but the effect is not obvious. So, where does the stench come from? And how to remove the odor? Below carries on the introduction for everybody; I hope this can help everybody.
The Source of Dog Body Odor How to Remove Ectopia on Dog Body/ Sometimes you will ask that dogs have a very bad smell, especially in the hot summer, so where does the smell come from? And how to remove the odor?
Disease odor source
- Ear ectopia:
Frequent flinging or scratching of a dog’s ears indicates a problem with the dog’s ears, but many careless owners don’t notice until the dog’s ears smell. In fact, if you use the right method to clean earwax, you can reduce the occurrence of this situation. Dogs with long ears are more likely to have this problem because long ears interfere with blood circulation and are prone to contamination. To avoid ear problems, owners should clean their dogs regularly (every two weeks) with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.
- Bad breath:
Bad breath is the main cause of bad breath in dogs. After eating, if food residues are left in the crevices of the teeth, they will produce an odor over time. This is not a big problem because saliva in the mouth can quickly wash away food residues. If there is a bad smell coming out of the dog’s mouth for a long time, it means that he may have periodontal disease.
Periodontal disease is caused by the accumulation of dental plaque and tartar between the teeth. The moist and warm environment in the mouth is a breeding ground for bacteria, which can multiply in large numbers. At the same time, they can release substances containing sulfur, which is the source of the odor. It should be taken to a veterinarian.
If there is only slight tartar and calculus, you can help them get rid of bad breath by brushing your teeth or buying products such as tooth cleaning bone and toothpaste. The formula of various halitosis-removing foods sold in the market is mostly biological agents that balance the ecology in the oral cavity and make it difficult for plaque bacteria to survive or chemical ingredients that make it difficult for food residues to adhere to the surface of teeth, which can decompose food residues without producing ammonia.
- Seborrhea Inflammation Odor:
It is not uncommon for a skin wound to be enlarged by bacterial infection, and skin allergies, hormonal problems, and endocrine disorders can cause a dog’s skin to smell. If there are fleas on the skin, the dog will scratch the skin because of itching, and scratching will make the skin more susceptible to infection. In addition, the dog’s saliva is actually a catalyst for odor; when it often licks the skin with its tongue, saliva mixed with bacteria and dust slowly accumulated in the skin, and the odor will be emitted.
- Anal gland odor:
When the owner finds that the dog often squats on the ground, moves forward with his front feet to rub, or the dog always wants to bite, the skin nearby has dermatitis, or the dog has a small pustule on the left or right below the anus, this is a small anal gland problem.
Dogs living at home, because of the lack of exercise and the reduction of leg muscle strength, cannot push out the excess anal gland fluid, resulting in the accumulation of anal gland fluid, leading to anal gland obstruction and swelling. At this time, the anal gland will produce a bad taste, which will lead to inflammation, bleeding, and even rupture, so when bathing the dog, the owner had better help the dog clean the anal gland to keep the dog healthy.
- Odor of digestive system:
Stomach gas in dogs is also a source of the odor, which is related to the food they eat. If you eat rotten food, amino acid foods with high protein and sulfur content, such as soybean plants and soybeans, are prone to odor. Owners should provide their dogs with a diet that is easy to digest, low in fiber, and moderate in protein.
In addition, if the dog swallows air, it will also cause stomach gas. When the dog is nervous when eating or eating too fast, it may swallow a lot of air into the stomach, making the stomach gas so that the dog has an indescribable smell.
How to get rid of the smell of dogs
First, find the source of the dog’s smell.
- Check the dog’s ears
- Check the dog’s mouth
- Check the dog’s skin
- Check the dog’s ass
- Ear: It may be ear mites or otitis media. You need to clean the ear canal with a cotton swab first and then drop anti-mite or anti-inflammatory drugs. Pet stores or hospitals sell them, but the effect of ear cleaning oil is not ideal. You should also take care of your ears regularly and check your ears.
- Mouth: indigestion or mouth disease (lips, gums, red and swollen, etc.), the former is mainly digestive tract problems, feed some digestion tablets, food should be mainly dog food, do not feed indiscriminately, in addition, you can feed dog chews or tooth cleaning sticks, you can clean the mouth, the latter should be treated after medical diagnosis.
- Skin: If the skin is red and swollen, it is a skin disease, and you need to seek medical advice and prescribe the right medicine after diagnosis.
- Butt: It may be that the dog accidentally touched the hair on his tail or legs when he pooped. It will be better after washing. If you find that the buttocks are red and swollen, it may be the anal gland; you need to apply erythromycin ointment and squeeze the anal gland when you take a bath; if the situation is serious, you need to seek medical treatment.
Bathing your dog can get rid of the smell, but don’t wash it too often, once a week in summer and once every 15 days in winter. Washing too much is very bad for your dog’s skin. When washing, don’t get water into your eyes and ears. Don’t use perfume, which is irritating to your dog’s nose.