How to raise pet cats-How to prevent common diseases?
Abstract: The pet cat is the animal that people raise in order to eliminate loneliness or for the purpose of entertainment. It is not easy to raise a pet cat. It is easy to cause various diseases if it is not properly raised. Therefore, it is necessary for us to master the methods of pet cat raising and disease prevention. Pet cats should have fixed food plates, and it is better to feed them regularly and regularly, not to feed them cold food. In ordinary times, we should do a good job in the prevention and treatment of common diseases such as ascariasis, taeniasis, toxoplasmosis, alopecia areata, constipation, etc. Let’s take a look.
How to raise a pet cat
- The food tray of the pet cat shall be fixed for use and shall not be replaced at will. Pet cats are very sensitive to the change of food plates and sometimes refuse to eat because of the change in food plates. Keep the dish clean. Newspaper or plastic paper can be placed under the food plate to prevent the sound when the food plate slides, and it is also easy to clean. Every time the pet cat eats the leftover food, it should be thrown away or put away, and it should be mixed with fresh food and cooked for the next feeding.
- Feeding should be regular and fixed-point. Once the biological clock of pet cat’s “meal” is formed, it is relatively fixed and should not be changed at will. The place for pet cat food should be fixed. Pet cats do not like to eat in noisy and bright places. If there are visitors, do not let the guests see your pet cat when the pet cat eats. The appearance of strangers will greatly reduce the appetite of pet cats.
- Pet cats have the bad habit of taking food with claw hooks or eating food outside the food plate. Once this phenomenon is found, it should be corrected immediately.
- Pet cats like warm food. Cold food and cold food not only affect the appetite of pet cats but also cause digestive disorders. The temperature of food should be 30 to 40 degrees, and the food taken out from the refrigerator should be heated before feeding.
- Although pet cats do not drink much water, they must have enough clean drinking water. Drinking water for pet cats must be clean water, and the water should be changed every day. The drinking basin can be placed on one side of the food plate so that Persian cats can drink freely when they are thirsty.
- Because pet cats are long-haired cats, it is very important to groom them. Spring is the season of depilation for cats. We should use professional hair combing tools to comb cats at this time.
- Bathe them regularly. Bathing pet cats can not only make cats beautiful and clean, but also prevent and treat skin diseases and ectoparasite infections of Persian cats and promote the blood circulation and metabolism of cats.
- Pet cats are long-haired cats, which are prone to heatstroke in summer. In case of heat stroke, quickly move the cat to a ventilated or shady place, and then use ice cubes or ice water to help them cool down. It is best to send the pet cat to the veterinarian.
- Keeping cats indoors keep them as free from disease and parasites as possible. As long as they receive careful care and good nutrition, cats should be treated once a year at a reliable veterinary hospital.
How to prevent and treat common pet cat diseases
Ascariasis is mainly a disease of young cats. Toxocara Felis is parasitic in cats. In addition to cats, it can also be parasitic on other felines, and occasionally on humans.
The method to prevent cat roundworms is to pay attention to the cleanliness and hygiene of the environment, tableware, and food. It is better to check the fecal parasites of young cats in spring and autumn for timely detection and treatment. When cure, direct use expels medicine to be able to, the medicine that expels ascarid is very much, the consumer can listen to veterinarian advice.
Taeniasis is a common parasitic disease in cats. There are many kinds of tapeworms causing taeniasis in cats, among which the main ones are Diphyllobothrium latum, Taenia saginata, Taenia intermedia, Diphyllobothrium, etc. Taeniasis can sometimes infect people and is very harmful.
To prevent this disease, regular preventive deworming should be carried out, usually once a quarter. Cat feed, especially fish and meat, must be cooked before feeding to cut off the transmission of intermediate hosts. In peacetime, we should strengthen hygiene, vigorously prevent, and kill rats, eliminate fleas on cats, and thoroughly destroy cat feces to prevent the spread of pathogens.
Toxoplasmosis is a parasitic disease caused by a protozoan called Toxoplasma gondii, which can infect humans and many animals besides cats, so it is also a zoonotic disease.
To prevent toxoplasmosis, attention should be paid to environmental hygiene and timely disposal of cat feces to prevent environmental pollution. Pay attention to food hygiene, cat food must be cooked and fed to reduce the chance of infection. Isolate suspected sick cats, prevent cats from contacting other animals, and actively treat sick cats
- Alopecia areata
Alopecia areata, also known as money ringworm or ten-day rash, is a dermatomycosis that cats and other animals can be infected with. It occurs more in cattle and horses and less in cats. The key to preventing this disease is to do a good job of cleaning and hygiene cat skin, bathe and comb cats regularly, and prevent contact between healthy cats and sick cats.
Constipation is a common disease in pet cats. Because of the apartment life in modern cities, cats are limited by space, lack of exercise, and other environmental factors, so many pet cats have intestinal peristalsis dysfunction, intestinal contents cannot be evacuated in time to stay in the large intestine, excrement stays too long will become dry and hard, resulting in intestinal obstruction and constipation. To prevent constipation, cats should be fed fiber-rich foods, keep the cat bedpan clean, so that cats can drink fresh water at any time, and avoid cat exercise.