Excessive air conditioning in hot summer makes pets get air conditioning disease
Abstract: In the heat of summer, the air conditioners in many families are working day and night. If people stay in an air-conditioned environment for a long time, they may suffer from the air-conditioning disease. Pets can also suffer from air conditioning disease if they spend too much time in an air conditioning environment. What are the symptoms of pet air conditioning disease? How does the pet get air conditioning disease to do?
At present, the summer heat is coming, and the air conditioning of many families begins to run day and night. If people stay in an air-conditioned environment for a long time, they may suffer from air-conditioning diseases. Similarly, dogs and cats may also suffer from air-conditioning diseases if they stay in an air-conditioned environment for too long. Especially in the hot noon, suddenly take the dog from the air-conditioned room to the outside of the house or take the pet from the outside back to the air-conditioned home, which is more likely to cause air-conditioning disease.
Symptoms of air conditioning disease
When dogs and cats suffer from air conditioning disease, the main symptoms are sneezing and runny nose, depression, anorexia, and even not eating or drinking. It looks like a cold, but in fact, it is much more serious than a cold. When it is serious, the body temperature rises, breathing and heart rate increase, and even sudden death.
- If the temperature of the air conditioner is set too low or the air conditioner blows directly to the place where the dog and cat rest (the place where the nest or cage is placed), the result of the cold may not only make them catch a cold but also the owner himself may catch a cold.
- The air conditioner does not clean the dirt on the filter screen of the air conditioner in time. In the hot and humid summer, it breeds a variety of harmful substances. If the filter screen is not cleaned in time, it may cause allergic reactions in dogs. The symptoms may be cold (cough, crying, etc.), and some may have poor breathing like lung disease. Symptoms can be quickly alleviated or eliminated when the allergen is removed, or the air conditioning filter is cleaned.
- Use air conditioning for a long time. Some owners also turn on air conditioning for their pets at work and adjust the temperature very low when they are at home after work. Dogs live in such a “cool” environment for a long time, and their ability to adjust and adapt to changes in ambient temperature is reduced. Once they must be taken out for outdoor activities, they are more likely to suffer from respiratory diseases and become “fragile”.
Prevention and treatment
- Find ways to make dogs and cats drink more water. Water is very important for dogs! Especially for cats, drinking water can effectively prevent the occurrence of kidney disease.
- Use a syringe to draw a small amount of oral liquid medicine for relieving summer heat and inject it into the dog’s mouth.
- You can give your dog some fruits, such as apples, cucumbers, watermelons, etc. Note that only a small amount can be eaten, especially some fruits that dogs can’t eat.
- If the dog or cat has sneezing, poor appetite, or diarrhea symptoms, it is necessary to seek medical treatment in time.
In summer, dogs and cats should not be exposed to air conditioning for a long time, especially after bathing. The best time to take your dog out is in the morning or evening when the temperature is lower. Dogs and cats are strictly prohibited from sleeping under the air conditioning outlet, and they should be allowed to stay in a natural wind environment at ordinary times. Once suffering from air conditioning disease, they should be sent to the hospital immediately without delay.